Before you leave, find out which travel documents you need (identity card, passport, visa) for entry to France and stay in Montpellier:
- A valid identity card will allow all the Europeans to travel freely from the European Union and Switzerland.
- A valid passport will be required for all other international countries of origin.
- A visa may also be required depending on the country of origin.
For purchasing goods for personal use in member states of the European Union, you will not have to fill out a declaration or pay duties and taxes when leaving or returning to France. You pay the value added tax (VAT) directly in the country where you purchase the goods and at the local rate in that country.
For purchasing items in non-member countries of the European Union, customs and tax duties for quantities and values are applicable according to the categories of goods you are carrying, when you arrive in France.
For more information, visit the website of Montpellier Mediterranean Airport and see the section Customs / Tax-Free.
The European Union has implemented a number of measures to ensure the rights of all air passengers. Applicable to all EU countries, these measures define the common rules on compensation and assistance to air passengers in certain situations. They include:
- The right to information.
- The right to compensation, reimbursement or rerouting if the flight is cancelled, boarding is denied or there are long delays.
- The right to assistance.
- The right to complain and have access to the means to seek redress.
- The right to travel in the same conditions as other citizens if you have a disability or reduced mobility.
For more information, visit the website of Montpellier Mediterranean Airport and see the section Passenger Rights.
No vaccination is mandatory for direct flights arriving to Montpellier Mediterranean Airport. However, it is strongly recommended for the passengers to be up to date on their routine vaccinations. In addition to their regular treatments, to be taken in sufficient quantities if possible, passengers may carry a medical kit containing appropriate medical equipment, as advised by a medical practitioner.
For more information, visit the website of Montpellier Mediterranean Airport and see the section Health and Vaccinations.
Subject to the laws in force in the country of origin and prior approval of the airline when booking, passengers can travel with their pets to Montpellier Mediterranean Airport. As a precaution, passengers are advised to carry the animal’s health certificate and prepare its trip as early as possible, to meet the formalities. When booking or buying their ticket, passengers should notify their airline or travel agency that they will be travelling with their pet.
For more information, visit the website of Montpellier Mediterranean Airport and see the section Passengers with animals.